- Hayashida N, Inouye S, Fujimoto M, Tanaka Y, Izu H, Takaki E, Ichikawa H, Rho J, Nakai A. "A novel HSF1-mediated death pathway that is suppressed by heat shock proteins". EMBO J. 25: 4773-4783, 2006.
- Fujimoto M, Izu H, Seki K, Fukuda K, Nishida T, Yamada S, Kato K, Yonemura S, Inouye S, Nakai A. "HSF4 is required for normal cell growth and differentiation during mouse lens development". EMBO J. 23, 4297-4306, 2004.
- Inouye S, Katsuki K, Izu H, Fujimoto M, Sugahara K, Yamada S, Shinkai Y, Oka Y, Kato H Y, Nakai A. "Activation of heat shock genes is not necessary for heat shock transcription factor 1 to protect cell death against a single exposure to high temperatures". Mol. Cell. Biol. 23: 5882-5895, 2003.
- Nakai A, Ishikawa T. "Cell cycle transition under stress conditions controlled by vertebrate heat shock factors". EMBO J. 20: 2885-2895, 2001.
- Nakai A, Suzuki M, Tanabe M. "Arrest of spermatogenesis in mice expressing an active heat shock transcription factor 1". EMBO J. 19: 1545-1554, 2000.
- Tanabe M,Kawazoe Y, Takeda S, Morimoto R. I, Nagata K, Nakai A. "Disruption of theHSF3 gene results in the severe reduction of heat shock gene expression and loss of thermotolerance". EMBO J. 17: 1750-1758, 1998.
- Kanei-Ishii C, Tanikawa J, Nakai A, Morimoto R. I, Ishii S. "Activation of heat shock transcription factor 3 by c-myb in the absence of cellular stress". Science 277: 246-248, 1997.